SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to replace my vacuum hoses today and got all of the ones I could see changed, and then realized I only swapped out three hoses. I feel like there should be WAY more to change (As I have around 7 ft of hose left).
Does anyone have a picture or something with all the hoses I need to change in it? So far, I've changed the ones pictured below:

Also, I pulled the DIC to double check my spark plugs today, and try and I might, I cannot get any of the plugs out at all. Those suckers are stuck pretty hard... There's also quite a bit of oil around them, which worries me a bit.

Is this a huge problem? I know they have been replaced recently (within 5k miles) so they are probably good, and I haven't had any issues yet, but I wanted to double check them before my trip...

·
Registered
869 Posts
The plugs shown look like they're burning very well. Am concerned about the oil around the plugs as that can only come from one place - your DIC(s). You should try to get as much of that out from around your plugs before pulling the plugs out so the oil doesn't drain down into your combustion chambers. A piece of paper towel in some long needle nose pliers, perhaps. Then, if these are old DIC's I would seriously consider replacing them at your earliest convenience. If they've leaked oil they will go bad sooner rather than later. :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DICs were replaced about 10k miles ago, so they should be good to go.
I ran about 40 miles today on it after I put a new plug in, and didn't have any codes pending or otherwise. I'm going to replace all of the plugs in there right now with the NGK ones, the current ones are champion brand, but they are the correct rcy9 (Or whatever it is) plugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts