SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted this on the Facebook C900 group and they said they got it from some forum. Anyway, I can't even imagine how much time this would have saved me the first few years of C900 ownership. Can this be put in a sticky or FAQ or soemthing?

http://david.zemon.name/downloads/c900_vacuum_diagram.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would like my engine bay to look like that.

I have tried looking but cannot find where I can purchase the hoses in those colors for a reasonable price. I can only find one thousand foot rolls, far to much for my car.

Can some one direct me to the right spot for purchase?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I would like my engine bay to look like that.

I have tried looking but cannot find where I can purchase the hoses in those colors for a reasonable price. I can only find one thousand foot rolls, far to much for my car.

Can some one direct me to the right spot for purchase?
ebay will also net several options for 'pretty' colors for cheap sold by the foot hose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1980 C900 Turbo Vacuum Hose Diagram

Hello-

Longtime lurker, first time poster here. I am at the end of replacing the clutch on my '80 900 Turbo and am having amnesia on how to route the vacuum lines. I have the main hose from the valve cover to the air canister in place, however I have a hose that i'm not sure where it goes:

Hose from the top of the thottle body (solid red hose in initial diagram)- I believe this goes into the charcoal canister in the driver's side fender well. Does this sound right?

I found the diagram at the beginning of this post and between 1980 and 88 there are some differences in how the vacuum lines run. Does anyone have an early C900 vacuum diagram or know where this hose needs to plug in?

Thank you kindly in advance for your help.
Dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am assuming the PCV system is somewhere in this? I am picking one up that I am 100% certain the PCV system is incorrectly routed and would like to have it situated.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
The line from the valve cover is it. Make sure the check valve is facing the right way. This diagram does not distinguish between Ported, and Non-Ported vacuum. Whether the lines are before or after the throttle plate is a crucial factor for all the vacuum systems.
The good news is that, thanks to the EPA, there's a vacuum diagram next to your fusebox.

How can you be 100% sure you have a PCV problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
My buddy put the motor in the car from a donor and he is not a saab mechanic by any means (but he builds a damn fine supra) and he dropped it in because he had to remove it from the Saab shop it was at to his house. so he kinda slapped it together and drove it home and on the drive it was pushing air/oil out the cap and the motor has 20k on it because the donor was an old mans weekend car and it was hit and is now a potted plant holder at the shop the drivetrain was ripped out and put into the soon to be my saab. So it was fine, then it was put in mine and now it pushes back the pressure so my assumption is PCV

·
Registered
23 Posts
that was the first thing my Saab friend said and I dread that being the issue.... i am what you call. and "over-do-er". This is how it started with my Lexus. "Oh my ecu capacitors leaked. ill just get a standalone MS3. Oh i notice its running lean. lets triple the injector size, fit a Walboro 044 and run E85. Oh my 130-180mph times suck - lets fit this 1.0AR turbo." lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts