SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the diagram for the vacuum hoses around the intake manifold in my 88 convertible? I took some hoses out to rearrange them and just cannot figure out what was supposed to be connected to the connector on the side of the plenum, close to the alternator. If the Bentley has it, I just cannot find it there.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Isn't it on the fenderwell in front of fusebox? They are fairly simple. Everything connects to vacuum (more or less) and vacuum means it goes to a port after the throttle. It doesn't really matter - Vacuum is vacuum so the only consideration is that the tubes are long enough to reach. Next to the alternator, if there is a BIG hose that is for the brake booster (non ABS car). Little hoses, well they are all the same. There is also one for the evap canister, it's a bigger one, it is a "hard" line so it basically falls into place (I don't know what to say if you can't place this one ;)).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m having same problem. A bunch of vacuum lines were missing or in one weird case, plugged with an Allen wrench! Fender diagram doesn’t depict all the hoses, and also can’t find a diagram in Bentley. I just want to have them in the correct spots. Just bought new outlet from valve cover and PCv valve, but as I said the lines in general are all wrong so it want to correct. Would love some help. That colored pic floating around is great, but doesn’t seem to match my engine.
1988 900 T vert, US model

1 - 4 of 4 Posts