SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 89 900 T16 convertible. Can anyone tell me where I can find the vacuum and charcoal canisters? I think one is in the trunk but I was unable to find it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nope, it's in the left wheel well under the electronic console. It's about the size of a baby formula can, with a little mushroom shaped knob on the top. I'm looking for what it connects to. if you find it, can you tell me where the vacuum tubes go?
thanks!:p

·
4,637 Posts
While the vacuum canister in the 'vert is in the boot, under the spare wheel 'cos there isn't room in front of the RHS door hinge where it goes on the hard-tops

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
It's about the size of a baby formula can, with a little mushroom shaped knob on the top. I'm looking for what it connects to. if you find it, can you tell me where the vacuum tubes go?
thanks!:p
The charcoal canister solenoid just vents into the atmosphere I believe. There are a couple vacuum lines going to the can so it can be deceptive looking though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
cdaly said:
While the vacuum canister in the 'vert is in the boot, under the spare wheel 'cos there isn't room in front of the RHS door hinge where it goes on the hard-tops
Really? I wish they'd put it there in the hard top versions as well, it's so hard to remove and replace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts