SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to purchase a replacement vacuum advance unit prior to an engine re-tune, but am unsure about the part number. Car :- 900, Year - 1986, Engine - H-Type, carburettor. I cannot see any part number on the existing unit, but an internet search for parts came up with a Bosch "1 237 122 327". Is this correct ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly the part number is stamped on the bracket that attaches to the distributor. :confused: Pat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pat,
Unfortunately, I cannot see anything with the bonnet up. I think I am going to have to take the unit (or distributor) out to have a proper look.

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
On the body of the distributor will be the part number for the complete dissy. Take that number to a Bosc agent and they can ring Bosch Technical who ca provide the part number for the capsule. You might be able to confirm the part number you have found as on the activation arm of the capsule (i.e. you'll have to take it off the dissy) will be three digits stamped onto it. These are the last three digits of the part number.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Nutcase,

I will do as you suggest. Interesting though, is that I got the unit's bosch code (assuming it's the right one !) from an American site "parts.replacementautoparts.com" who appear to be quoting $14.47, whereas here in the UK we're talking around £30 ($52 ?). I'm in the wrong business.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts