SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have developed a hissing noise behind my dash on the left hand side coupled with no air to centre ventts. I assume the hose to this has popped off. It has probably something to do with me enjoying my new JT exhaust :D got idle issues now :evil:

Question is can I get to it through the left hand speaker grill or do I need to remove the lower knee bolster ?

Dont want to remove bolster if I can do it another way.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
I'm not sure about the speaker but there's only two torx screws holding it in. I'd try that first and if that doesn't work pull the radio out and try getting it from there. I think you have to pull the radio cage out too, and then you can reach down into the Heater/vent/a/c control area.
It may have come off the back of one of the switches or it may be a servo that controls the vents. Just follow the hissing. :D

Cheers.

:Edit:

You said left hand side??? Does your boost gauge still work?
I had issues with mine blowing off, but I never noticed if it affected the vents. :roll: You can get to the boost gauge thru the speaker, it just plugs onto the back of the gauge.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will try that ..

Wont effect my boost gauge asmy steering wheel is on the other side :D

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Wont effect my boost gauge asmy steering wheel is on the other side
My goodness, thats odd. :confused: Mine is on the left where the pedels and gauges are. How do you drive with it over there? :D

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Probably came off that main hub behind the stereo. I've heard people say they got access through the stereo slot, but that seems impossible to me, anyway. Try the speaker grille, then the knee bolster. When it happened on mine in the end I took the dash out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts