SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a fast idle, snooped around and found a vacuum line missing. Trouble is, there's no loose end hanging anywhere, so I don't know where it goes. There are two lines coming out the back of the inlet manifold, just left of the oil filler. The one that is missing is the right one (facing car from front).

Anyone know where it goes to?

TIA,

Cuba.

·
Registered
987 Posts
If you don't have TCS one should be blanked off and the other goes across the back of the engine and T's into the line that goes through the firewall. I believe the other spot is for TCS equipped cars. My car isn't TCS and that line is blanked off.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
had a similar problem, that port is a blank just like Thirsty said, if u dont have TCS all you have to do is go to pep boys and they sell the rubber caps to plug the opening. You could go out and get a new boost gauge and run a new vacuum hose from there to the gauge, just a suggestions, gives u a good excuse to get one hah

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh... that would be it I'd say.

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
987 Posts
run a T off the line that goes to the stock boost gauge/manifold/ recirc valve

EDIT: Cuba, did you try covering the port with your thumb while it's running and see if the idle settles back down? This is to make sure that's your only vacuum leak.

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thirsty9000 said:
run a T off the line that goes to the stock boost gauge/manifold/ recirc valve

EDIT: Cuba, did you try covering the port with your thumb while it's running and see if the idle settles back down? This is to make sure that's your only vacuum leak.
Yeah, I T'd off the stock boost line for aux boost gauge too.

First thing, I put my thumb on it. Blanked it off about 45 minutes after my 1st post (after I got the kids out of the bath). :cheesy: Service is fantastic in this workshop :) .

Now that's very nice. How much do I owe for that, and who should I pay?

·
Registered
987 Posts
cuba said:
Now that's very nice. How much do I owe for that, and who should I pay?

This one's on the house. If you must tip the technician, I'm sure you would appreciate a nice cold beer.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
when i put my boost gauge in i ended up putting in a second plastic T instead of running new a hose from the aux vacuum port, idk why i did that thinking about it but hey it works!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts