SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an audible leak at the Distribution switch for the ventilation system .

It will subside if I use the Re circulation switch .

I removed the dash and the Knee roll over the weekend and the Suction is at one of the blank ports on the connector to the switch . This port is blank on other cars I have checked , so it isn't a missing hose line .

I have traced out the hoses as best I can , cannot find any splits , kinks or pinches .

The *leak* will drain the canister when I turn the car off .

any ideas ? Recirculation flap is working , as are all vents as best I can tell ..

The dash had previously been removed a few weekends ago , and the noise become evident immediately afterwards . .

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
I can only offer a vague recollection of a similar problem caused by a disconnected hose on a vacuum [motor/capsule/diaphragm], by the firewall on top of the 'transmission tunnel'.
I can't remember any more details....What's-his-name's disease.......What's for Tea?

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only offer a vague recollection of a similar problem caused by a disconnected hose on a vacuum [motor/capsule/diaphragm], by the firewall on top of the 'transmission tunnel'.
I can't remember any more details....What's-his-name's disease.......What's for Tea?
Who is this ?

...disease is called Some ole timers I think ... AL

Tea ? Did we have lunch ???

I will keep looking has to be something disconnected somewhere ... I rerouted a fair bit of Cabling when I had the dash out ( radio and gauges shifted around ) SO the location you mention is certainly possible as having been dislodged .

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Desperate times Desperate measures

Jims servo turned up a blank .. its Connected fine ..

The leak is evident at the vacant port of the connector to the the switch , but this pot is always vacant .

It is not the switch itself , have tried swapping .

I have just now removed the Complete dash pad to expose the whole box n dice and am not finding any disconnections , kinks , pinches or the like .

Bentley gives a good schematic of the Tubes and to what servo , but it does not include and detail of the tubing at the little switch for recirculation ( side of air intake box ) , nor does it give detail of connections at the firewall .
I keep coming back to the recirc side of things as operating that switch will stop the leak .

Would any one have a dteailed schematic of all the tubing ? Not just from the numbers from the main distribution switch .

All ideas greatly appreciated ,

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
IIRC one of those ports has a short piece of rubber tube coming off it which is folded back/crimped back on itself... ?

Maybe yours was that one and the tube has been pulled out in the fitting/removal process? Could you just plug it up?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
That short piece is usually tucked in or taped to the heater pod.
It's a discharge orifice isn't it?

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was REAL tempted to just plug it .. but it would have annoyed me :confused:

The small pipe ( purpose may be as Rodent suggests ) is where it should be .

Found the problem , had it mucked up at the Vac/electric switch attached to the side of the Air Box . There are 2 small nipples coming thru the firewall with a t piece in one of them . I basically had the recirc switch in a closed loop .

Now just to put everything back in ! Thanks all for the input .. I should have looked closely at that switch sooner .. instead of focusing where the hiss was !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts