SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo today i was looking under the hood of my car after i started to feel a decline in hte performance.. boosting at mid yellow. and i noticed there was a hose comming of the back of the engine block that was leaking fluid and was not attached to anything
http://www.snowboard.com/members/photos/View.asp?U=971504&Mem=313797
does anyone know what this line does and if its supposed to be attached any where . i could not see anywhere that it could connect to.
Also i noticed quite a bit of fluid comming from the hose conector that is shaped in a y. it was also a bit loose.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The star of this photo seems to be the PCV valve and its hoses...At the base of the throttle body there are two ports, rather hard to see..
1- PCV system
2 - turbo control

All appears normal

I see no leaks

**** copied ****Also i noticed quite a bit of fluid coming from the hose connector that is shaped in a y. it was also a bit loose

**** response ****From that Y on the cam cover(valve cover) which usually is on the loose side, one vac line goes to the PCV(positive crankcase ventilation) valve - this be be stuck open or closed - these are fragile - I use a cheap generic replacement if necessary..
The larger line is part of the crankcase ventilation system.You will, I think, find some condensed oily crap here..

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
comming off of the right side the hose goes to no where
as you can see inthe picture my hand is holding the end of the hose which looks appears to be ripped

·
Registered
335 Posts
mine is oily too. how do u go about replacing it? (the y off the valve cover) do you have to remove or unbolt anything? also how much do they cost?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
julianBC said:
mine is oily too. how do u go about replacing it? (the y off the valve cover) do you have to remove or unbolt anything? also how much do they cost?
They are cheap! Eeuroparts.com list the PVC nipple and PVC bushing for a grand total of $3.28. Its rather simple to remove: pull the nipple (the Y part) portion out of the bushing, comes out easily, then with a screwdriver (or perhaps your finger): pull the old grommet out of the valve cover. Not necessary to remove any bolts or anything. Just the part your replacing. Next is to put the new grommet in and then the nipple. Then thats it, just reinstall the two lines on the nipple.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
E-worm : The star of this photo seems to be the PCV valve and its hoses...At the base of the throttle body there are two ports, rather hard to see..
1- PCV system
2 - turbo control

Had it been a snake, it would have bitten me !

Encore, I am sure what you are holding is the turbo control vacuum line which was plugged into the second port - I use needle nose pliers.. Vacuum lines are noted to break at this location; had the PO made this line a bit "too long", all you would have to do is pull off the stub piece, trim the long section and re-insert.
Piece of cake..
If necessary, use the NAPA high heat vacuum hose.
Some people use windshield washer fluid hose - this is good for 3 to 6 months..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts