SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a v6 9-3 (2006) and have started to experience some problems - I’m wondering if it might be a throttle body issue but don’t know how to check. The car is quite ‘lurchy’ at start off when cold, it’s hard to drive smoothly. It’s a manual and I’ve noticed that when I change gear the revs hang high for about a second. Could this be a lazy throttle body holding the valve open longer than it should?

Things the car doesn’t do - idle rough, that’s fine - problems starting - that’s also fine.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Pull the throttle body and give it a good cleaning and put a fresh gasket on it if needed. CRC makes a throttle body & intake cleaner that works well. If it’s never been cleaned, you’ll be surprised how much crud can be in it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks good tip on the gasket. I’ve ordered a ptfe one which apparently helps form a thermal barrier keeping air cooler...

I’ve also ordered a spare throttle body from eBay that a friend is going to bring back from the UK with him next week. it was only 25 pounds and as I’m in NZ it’s too good an opportunity to pass up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts