SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions for you.

1995 900SE V6 (standard transmission)

1. Does anybody know of where the idle air control valve is on this engine and how to clean it?

2. Does anybody have an idea of how to take out a passenger seat if the electronics don't work (at all) to access the bolts and find the problem?

3. Why did my cruise control suddenly stop working, and at the same time the TCS Off light came on and the button has no effect?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
1 for the V6 man or Ragtop

2 4 screws, some may be under something, and many electrical disconnects

3 check the wheel speed sensors, corrosion may be a problem, but then the ABS light should also glow...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you find and fix these faults

I have exactly the same issues with my '97 900SE so would be really keen to hear how you fixed them - especially the TCS/Cruise control.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Bryans 900SE said:
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions for you.

1995 900SE V6 (standard transmission)

1. Does anybody know of where the idle air control valve is on this engine and how to clean it?
I searched this forum with idle & valve and found this thread
Bryans 900SE said:
3. Why did my cruise control suddenly stop working, and at the same time the TCS Off light came on and the button has no effect?
Interesting one this, the systems are not linked [not obviously anyway] cruise is just a switch on the stalk and a little motorised second throttle cable, it is cancelled by clutch or brake operation - that is it, very simple.
TCS, this is driven by the ABS, or at least a feed from the ABS sensors is used to given info to an independent throttle body that chokes airflow reducing engine torque to reduce wheel spin, unless they're on the same fuse...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

The passenger seat's bolts are NOT visible/accessible, and I cannot figure out how to move the chair without power, any hints/suggestions...i really need to get this sucker working, its a terrible pain!

Thanks for the link to that other thread, it was quite helpful and I am about to get goin on that, I will let you know how that turns out.

cbd - you have the EXACT same symptons with your 900? I thought I just had a rare double failure

the only thing i can think of that has anything to do with the TCS is that when I installed a new stereo i disconnected the switch, but it worked for awhile after that so i have no idea. Is it possible that the if the wire harness to the switch fell out causing these problems? I may just open up the panel and check it out tonight. Thanks again guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts