SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my third oil cooler in a little less than a year and a half. I had to pay for the first one as well as the second one because it was just out of warrenty and saab would cover it. I just had the third one replaced and saab covered the parts because it failer about two months after the second on was replaced and not the labor because my indy did the work. He gave me a break on the labor but he suggests I go after saab because obviously this shouldnt be happening. Does anyone have any advice as to how I could get saab to refund me the labor charge on the third cooler. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Where is the oil cooler failing? Top of the tank, lower part of tank? My dealer told me that they typically don't fail, it's the seal on the cover plate that goes bad and requires replacement. My cover was leaking a couple of months ago and I ended up replacing the cooler, cover and every little washer I came across. They told me to be very careful on reassembly since the majority of problems come with crossthreading of the coolant pass-through bolts and over tightening them. I didn't see any problem with the original cooler but I replaced it anyway since I was already in there.

It's only been about 3 months since I did this job and it's still bone dry. I would hate to end up doing it again since it's pretty labor intensive to remove all the intake pieces.

Did the coolers all fail in the same place?

Ben

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that this time the cover was replaced so hopfully that should stop this from happening. I also know that the third one was cracked i.e. defective part as but as for the other two I am not sure. I am in the process of writing a letter to saab explaining my situation so hopefully I can get refunded for the labor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts