SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one installed on their V6 (i know people do, just want direct info) or have purchased the one from GenuineSaab?

how was the install, could it be DIY or did you go through a shop? (says its a direct replacement)
and does the one from GenuineSaab come with the piping or do you just use you stock piping?

links to any another IC worth buying?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I would assume its just like the 2.0t/T's. It should be a DIY. If you do this on a day that im off, id come down and help ya

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would assume its just like the 2.0t/T's. It should be a DIY. If you do this on a day that im off, id come down and help ya
cool, right now I'm about to grab those coilovers, so if i decide to make a move on this, it won't be for a couple weeks. the "direct replacment" has me thinking it should be pretty straight forward, now I'm just curious if i will need new piping / new piping comes along with the IC

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
follow the DIY for the 2.0, install is very similar. our intercooler share the same basic layout. they both face down on a 45* for the in/outlets and are sandwiched between the radiator and AC compressor.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
follow the DIY for the 2.0, install is very similar. our intercooler share the same basic layout. they both face down on a 45* for the in/outlets and are sandwiched between the radiator and AC compressor.
ok cool, was new piping needed or did you use your stock ones?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I was going to buy the maptun one but after conversion etc it came out to be double the cost of the forge from GS. I will most likely buy the GS ones in a week or 2 and install it. Will let you folks know. Stock piping fits just fine when it comes to the swap, its literally 100% fit replacement between this and the stock.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to buy the maptun one but after conversion etc it came out to be double the cost of the forge from GS. I will most likely buy the GS ones in a week or 2 and install it. Will let you folks know. Stock piping fits just fine when it comes to the swap, its literally 100% fit replacement between this and the stock.
sweet, look forward to your reply once it's installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts