SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it possible to get the heads off a cadallac catera 3.0 and put them on a 2.5, i ask because i found a listing where the guy wont remove just the cams, but possibly the heads. if the heads dont fit right, il just remove the cams myself. will the heads actually give me any hp advantage? thanks
tyler

got responce, wants heads+cams for 150... glad i stumbled upon this GREAT deal!!! courtenay sport.co wants like 600 for theres!!!! YAY

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
The 3.0 Catera is a 'sports' model right? If so it will come with the high output 3.0 with G cams, if it isn't a high output 3.0 then they won't be G cams and there will not be any significant power gains.

The heads will not go as the bigger valves will foul the cylinder bore of the 2.5; you can always sell these heads on to someone with a 3.0 that has had timing failure, or buy a 3.0 with timing failure and stick the good heads on that ;) .

The cams are marked at the timing sprocket end thus...

Inlet cams are marked with a suffix G - exhaust with Suffix A.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Pete67 said:
Raggy, will the later Vauxhall Vectra cams fit on the old 2.5, or am i stuck with the 9000/omega cams?
You mean from a late 2.6 or 3.2? as far as I'm aware they do swap.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you happen to have a write up on how to swap the cams on this car???? pics would be nice but not necissary, how do you make sure timing is right and whatnot.... thanks!
Tyler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts