SaabCentral Forums banner

V6 head gasket removal and replacement instructions please

1484 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  lloydgoodman94
2001 9-5SE v6. I need step by step instructions w/graphics to remove and replace my head gasket. If you can direct me to such, please do.
Thanks
MGuy Ross
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
741 Posts
If you're trying to fix a problem of coolant mixing with oil what you most likely need is a new oil cooler, not head gasket. Make absolutely sure that head gasket is blown before ripping the V6 apart. Oil cooler is a much more common issue.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're trying to fix a problem of coolant mixing with oil what you most likely need is a new oil cooler, not head gasket. Make absolutely sure that head gasket is blown before ripping the V6 apart. Oil cooler is a much more common issue.
Thanks, my problem is coolant in the exhaust, no real signs of it in the oil. I am beginning to suspect that the coolant is getting through the turbo seal and into the exhaust. I will be checking this out in the next couple of days. I was asking about the head gasket procedure because I thought I might need to go in that direction and was not finding any good instructions and did not know how long it would take to find them.
If you have any suggestions on a good source for getting the WIS DVD, let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.