SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I actually bought from rockauto because they have an easy 1 year warranty on the coils.

Bought 6 a few months back started having mis fires, they were exchanged out for 100% free.
We are spoiled for choice, then!

In the current uncertain parts environment this is one we need not worry about :).

·
Registered
245 Posts
I actually bought from rockauto because they have an easy 1 year warranty on the coils.

Bought 6 a few months back started having mis fires, they were exchanged out for 100% free.
I buy from RockAuto frequently also, so that's good to know!
Question - what proof did you have to furnish that the Coils were bad? Or did they just take your word for it?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I buy from RockAuto frequently also, so that's good to know!
Question - what proof did you have to furnish that the Coils were bad? Or did they just take your word for it?
They ask how do I know the coils are bad. I tell them I have HP tuners loaded up and I put in new spark plugs (the truth) and I still have misfires from the following cylinders.

they say ok cool.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you help me explain the stuff regarding the turbo. Can I buy a stock mitsubishi td04hl 19t, and then just send that to be machined so it fits on the stock housing?
What does it need to be machined to?

·
Super Moderator
18,884 Posts
You need a Saab 15T upgraded with a 19T wheel. It needs to have the correct exhaust housing to bolt onto the Saab manifold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need a Saab 15T upgraded with a 19T wheel. It needs to have the correct exhaust housing to bolt onto the Saab manifold.
So, could I just take out the original 15t, and then smack a 19t wheel in there and I'm good to go?

·
Super Moderator
18,884 Posts
Well, I mean you can't smack it in there....but yes you can send it to a turbo builder and have them upgrade it. The compressor housing needs to be machined to fit the wheel. And then it should be VSR balanced. Who are you planning on having tune it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Isn't it possible to buy a stock td04hl 19t, and then just frankenstein it together with the existing 15t exhaust housing? I mean like removing the compressor housing from the stock one, and then coupling it with the existing housing to the exhaust? or does the exhaust housing need to be machined aswell? or are the stock one just too different from the one on the saab?

i'm going for a 380hp e85 tune with nordictuning here in sweden.

·
Super Moderator
18,884 Posts
What Saab car had a stock 19T? Mitsubishi made lots of turbos for lots of manufacturers. Just because a turbo is a TD04-19T doesn't mean it will mount up to our manifold. A 15T off a Saab 9-5 won't even bolt up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What Saab car had a stock 19T? Mitsubishi made lots of turbos for lots of manufacturers. Just because a turbo is a TD04-19T doesn't mean it will mount up to our manifold. A 15T off a Saab 9-5 won't even bolt up.
I meant buying a complete one that is for one of these cars "Saab 9-3 - 1999-2002 - Aero & Viggen (B205R, B235R) Saab 9-5 - 1999-2005 - Aero (B235L, B235R)".
There are a lot of complete 19t turbos out there for those.

what I meant: Buy one of those td04hl 19t's, take the compressor housing off, and then put it on the 15t exhaust housing already in my car.

Was just wondering if that would work, or if there are other parts that doesn't fit.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it disturbs me that all the places I've found that offers me 19t upgrades want like 1200$ for a trade in-upgrade, while there are lots of original Mitsubishi td04hl 19t out there for a lot less.

·
Super Moderator
1,425 Posts
The NG 9-5 and 9-4X had the 19T stock.

·
Super Moderator
18,884 Posts
I meant buying a complete one that is for one of these cars "Saab 9-3 - 1999-2002 - Aero & Viggen (B205R, B235R) Saab 9-5 - 1999-2005 - Aero (B235L, B235R)".
There are a lot of complete 19t turbos out there for those.

what I meant: Buy one of those td04hl 19t's, take the compressor housing off, and then put it on the 15t exhaust housing already in my car.

Was just wondering if that would work, or if there are other parts that doesn't fit.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it disturbs me that all the places I've found that offers me 19t upgrades want like 1200$ for a trade in-upgrade, while there are lots of original Mitsubishi td04hl 19t out there for a lot less.
Yes, I think that would work.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts