SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm on the fence on whether or not I should pull the trigger right now on a stage 5 biopower tune from Maptun for MY08 9-3 2.0T. I'll most likely end up buying it regardless once summer hits, but one thing I can't wrap my head around is whether or not the non-biopower 9-3s like mine are flex-fuel, meaning they can run on any percentage of ethanol and gas. This is a genuine concern of mine because gas stations where I live sell "winter blends" during this time of year, and those can contain only 50/50 ethanol/gas while still being marketed as E85. I'm aware that the T7 SAABs like the OG 9-3 and 9-5 have the flex fuel sensing functionality from the factory, and all you really need for it to work is the correct injectors, fuel pump, and tune, but I'm not sure if that feature carried over to T8.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Closest I've heard of is 75/25, though it's still sold as E85. Fuel adaptation in T8 is done using front O2 sensor for input to drive lambda to 1, in BioPower ECU tune. AFAIK 2.0T Ecotec in US was always petrol/E10 only.

The Maptun BioPower Stage 5 kit has a list of needed parts.

·
Super Moderator
9,633 Posts
I had stage 3+ E85 tune on my '09 2.0T, all I needed was different injectors, stock pump is fine. JZW did my tune but he's long gone. Power was incredible, mileage not so much haha.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I think stage 5 tune would also work the way you say. I doubt you'd get much more hp/torque beyond stage 3, though. At some point you have to get more air (& fuel) through the motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts