SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a 2003 9-3 2.0t, when I am using my sterring wheel "seek" button, in order for the radio to actually seek to another station, I have to hold the button for a solid 3 seconds or so and it makes an incredibly annoying "beep" everytime.

Anyways, I know its nothing big and I can live with it. But, is there a way to change these settings?

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Woodsta said:
I have a 2003 9-3 2.0t, when I use my steering wheel "seek" button, in order for the radio to actually seek for another station, I have to hold the button a solid 3 seconds or so and it makes an incredibly annoying "beep" everytime.

Anyways, I know its nothing big and I can live with it. But, is there a way to change these settings?
I have the same model and have never had this problem.
One suggestion, that we often use, is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes. This seems to put everything back to default. However, you will have to reset the "pinch" windows if you have them.
Otherwise when you press the "seek" button does it feel the same as the others? Or is it possible there is a poor contact?

I hope you can find a solution because, like you, I find some small bothersome things of next to no importance can become a real pain.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Mine does this too. Not quite 3 seconds but pretty close to 2. Nothing can be done about it AFAIK.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I always viewed it as a feature, since the steering wheel "seek" buttons will also allow you to tune up and down (and not just seek).

I miss it, actually. My 2007 with the new radio, the steering wheel buttons only jump between presets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts