SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was planning on using my convertible during the winter (I live in Boston area) but I read that you shouldn't be putting the top up and down in temperatures below ~40 degrees Fahrenheit. Sources said that the vinyl and rubbers harden/shrink causing it to tear/rip when you put the top back up. Has anyone heard similar things? Does anyone frequently lower/raise their tops in temperature below or around 40 degrees? Has this ever happened to you?

Just don't want to end up ruining my top, which is only a couple years old.
Thanks for any input
-Sam

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
If you're putting your top down in temps below 40* I don't think ruining the top is your biggest problem.

:lol:

just kidding :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
I haven't owned a 'vert in many years, but... I deal with truck tarps on a daily basis in the cold weather. They get stiff, and will even crack if creased tight enough. I know the material is not exactly the same, but still, I wouldn't put the top down in cold weather.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@scantar I'm 18 and still in highschool, therefor I have the right to do things that may otherwise seem unwise haha Also I do nordic skiing and we drive to the ski place once a week, skis will only fit if the top is down haha

@Geoff Weeks Thanks for the input! Greatly appreciated.

@peva So you have used it in temperatures below 40*? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Get rid of those nordics and buy a pair of twin tips! haha just kidding. I can somehow manage to squeeze my 181cm skis inside of my vert, no windows/top down. It's a pain but I make do lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts