SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rather odd question that you experts may know about.
We have a 2000 saab 9-5 3.0l with a bad twice module, Can I use a used twice module of same year and part number but is from a UK car ?
The reason I ask is in the UK your key fob/ remotes operate on 433.92 mhz and my USA twice and key fobs operate on 315mhz.
will my 315mhz remote receiver module and key fobs work with the UK twice module , or do I need to also get a remote receiver module that operates on the 433mhz band from the UK ?

The used Twice module includes the key and one fob/remote.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Hello ktbaja,

I tried messaging you but maybe there's a restriction since you're new to the forum. I can't conclusively answer the TWICE enquiry so I'll leave it to someone who can.

Since you know about frequencies, my Q to you is this - in my UK 9-5 I have a mirror which I imported from the States, and the garage door opener hasn't co-operated (it was not an option in Europe). I assume this is because US openers are in a different frequency band from the UK, and wondered whether you could tell me what the range is in the US/Canada.

Many Thanks and good luck with the TWICE.

Doug

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doug

As far as I understand in the USA all garage door and car remote fobs are required by law to operate in the 300 - 390 mhz band.
The rest of the world seems to operate in 410 mhz and up band, with the 433 mhz being most common.

I don't know if this helps you but I hope so.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I have a rather odd question that you experts may know about.
We have a 2000 saab 9-5 3.0l with a bad twice module, Can I use a used twice module of same year and part number but is from a UK car ?
The reason I ask is in the UK your key fob/ remotes operate on 433.92 mhz and my USA twice and key fobs operate on 315mhz.
will my 315mhz remote receiver module and key fobs work with the UK twice module , or do I need to also get a remote receiver module that operates on the 433mhz band from the UK ?

The used Twice module includes the key and one fob/remote.
TWICE itself is interchangeable, difference is receiver antenna (315/433,92 MHz). Do not change receiver antenna, which is separate part and located in rear of center console.

Remember that you need TECH2 to change IMMO code to TWICE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mimmi

Thank you for your response to my question. I had a feeling that would be the answer so I went ahead and ordered the uk twice module with key.
I have a tech2 with saab software so that will be no problem.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
As far as I understand in the USA all garage door and car remote fobs are required by law to operate in the 300 - 390 mhz band.
The rest of the world seems to operate in 410 mhz and up band, with the 433 mhz being most common.

I don't know if this helps you but I hope so.
Many Thanks ktbaja, I assumed that was the case. At least I have the compass (also not available over here)!

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts