SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to a large dumptruck which I was trying to pass for the reasons of windshield preservation, I know have a plum sized bulls eye style crack on my windshield. I really would like to get it replaced but would like to get sekurit as it is the original glass for the car. Problem is, I cannot get sekurit anywhere in wester Canada.

I have heard pilkington is good as well, but what I was now thinking is that I would use the windshield from a car at the breakers, but I have a few questions:

1. Is there anything different between the windshield glass for ng900 coupes and 5drs?

2. Is there any reason for concernt from a safety standpoint in using a used windshield?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The windshield is the same between models.

There is nothing to worry about when buying recycled auto parts, that is how the industry works these days, even dealerships sometimes get parts from wreckers when they themselves can't source parts either because the part is too far and is immediately needed or the manufacturer has discontinued the part; they just don't tell you that the part came from a wreck.

When buying a used windshield, try to choose one that isn't too "sandblasted" the industry term for a used windshield that is pitted from use, sand, stones, ice, other road debries.

Also the only trouble you might encounter when buying a used windshield is finding someone that will install it for you if you're not doing it yourself. Most automotive glass shops won't install used glass into a car due to insurance reasons; ie: if they drop it and it brakes, or it chips during the install. They may install it if you agree to waive any damage and fault during the install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts