SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently bought a used '06 Combi from an independent dealer. So far, it's been great. I have the service manual but nothing is marked down as far as servicing (except for the very first one). Is there any way to easily check to see if the 60,000 service was actually done? Any clues that I can check for within the engine bay?

Thanks In Advance,
Ken

·
Registered
243 Posts
Pull the spark plugs and check their condition/gaps.
Check the condition of the serpentine belt.
Check the air and cabin filters.

Replace where needed.

Did I miss anything important?

·
Registered
116 Posts
The brake fluid probably needs replacing after 6 years; if it seems yellowish or cloudy, it probably hasn't been changed, but color isn't a perfect guide.

·
Registered
208 Posts
the tensioner and belt is replaced as well so if its shinny you should be good. The trans fluid can be checked but its a PITA to get too. I did my own 60k and used the WIS, not too complicated just follow the steps. The tensioner is probably the most aggravating part, but not hard if you can turn a wrench at all. I love my SC by the way. Great car!

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
If it was done it was most likely done at a dealer, have the dealer run the VIN and the service records will be in the system.

·
Registered
48 Posts
the tensioner and belt is replaced as well so if its shinny you should be good. The trans fluid can be checked but its a PITA to get too. I did my own 60k and used the WIS, not too complicated just follow the steps. The tensioner is probably the most aggravating part, but not hard if you can turn a wrench at all. I love my SC by the way. Great car!
Wait- is the tensioner really supposed to be replaced at 60k? I read through as much as I could and finally decided that it was just supposed to be the belt. 30k miles later, all is well, but if I'm on borrowed time maybe I should do it now...

Speaking of (and I guess a new thread would be appropriate for this, but is there an "official" guide to exactly what is supposed to be done and when for US SAABs?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I believe so, its been awhile but I think it was in the WIS. When I replaced mine it was still perfect so I wouldnt sweat it too much. I have a rattle at idle when cold so I thought it was the tensioner but pretty sure it is my ac compressor clutch. luckily I got a good warranty on the car, so it wont cost me much when I get around to taking it in. Then again the freaking warranty wasnt cheap and I havent used it yet. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts