SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is my fault for not carefully reviewing the paperwork but I just noticed a big problem w/ my purchase contract.

I traded in an 06 Acura RSX for an 04 Saab 9-3 Linear - ($18,990.00)

The dealership gave me the exact amount owed on my Acura as a trade-in.

So I figured the following:

$18,990.00 + $1139.40 (6% tax) = $20129.40

$20129.40 + 136.50 (tax, title, tags, doc fee) = $20265.90

$20265.90 + $690.00 (GAP Insurance) = $20955.90

$20955.90 should be my amount financed.

How come the amount financed says - $22182.26 ??????????

I also see a $595.00 fee for "Dealer Installed"???? what is this???

If anyone has any suggestions please contact me!! I would really appreciate it!

- Mike

·
Registered
409 Posts
Did you purchase the car already? Did you already trade your car in on the Saab? I guess not to rain on your parade, but why did you trade a newer car for an older one? Actually, I think I'd walk altogether on this one. $22k for a 2004 Linear? How many mi on it? I bought my 2004 Arc with 13k mi on it one year old for that much.

The $595 "Dealer Installed" could be a rust treatment or something like that. I guess if I were in your shoes, and they are unable to explain where an additional $1226.36 goes in your contract, that is the point you rip up the contract and walk out of their dealership. That is crap. Never let these dealers push your back to the wall. The car will always be there tomorrow. If they want to play games with you, it just wasn't meant to be. Keep searching until you find THAT deal. It will be out there.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
I hate to say it my friend but you have been ripped several ways. If you can get out do it. Heres a link with what the asking prices of 04 Linears are and you can easily knock 15% or more off. I paid 18,300 (pre Tax) for an 03 CPO Vector over a year and a half ago. It might be worth a legal consult to look for a way out if the deal is done.

http://www.rmisaab.com/preowned/dsp_viewcar.cfm?vin=YS3FB49S241041819

http://www.rmisaab.com/preowned/

Curious though, if you paid 18,990.....what were they asking?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
From a previous post, it looks like you purchased the car at the end of November. Sorry to say but, two weeks later is not the time to be reviewing the contract. The time to review it it when you are sitting there about to sign it. Read everything you sign. Bring a calculator to verify the math. And read everything before you sign (did I say that before?).

Technically, you cheated yourself by not doing some very simple, basic research before you stepped into the dealership. There are several places online that will walk you through the purchase of a car as well as price guides to use. Edmunds, consumer reports, and kbb are three common ones. The first and last thing to remember is that you are in control, and you have the final say. Dealers aren't fond of this attitude but it's reality. Sure, they decide on the lowest price they will sell the car at but with out you, they don't eat. Obviously some dealers are more hungry than others but at that point you just move on an find another car/dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts