SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 9-3 Aero is a US car that I brought to Canada. I went through the Tech2 menus and didn't find a way to change the odometer to KM. Did I miss something or is this just a hard-coded item that can't be swapped? This seems unlikely to me as the cars were sold in so many countries.

Can I do this?

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
According to the EPC, there are separate clusters for KM/H and MPH for the '09 9-3s. The good news is that the gas I-4 and V-6 engines share the same cluster. You need a 12784990 for KM/H and a 12784991 for MPH, assuming that the part numbers have not been superseded (due to price increases)... Ron

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're talking about changing the SID from miles and mpg to km and l/100 you don't need tech 2. It's in the SID settings, units if i remember ... you change it imperial / US / standard ( sorry if i misunderstood your problem)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That changes most things, mpg, all the stuff in the display, but not the actual odometer.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My 2009 9-3 Aero is a US car that I brought to Canada. I went through the Tech2 menus and didn't find a way to change the odometer to KM. Did I miss something or is this just a hard-coded item that can't be swapped? This seems unlikely to me as the cars were sold in so many countries.

Can I do this?
Yes, you can program MIU again with KM/h instead of MPH. The milage shall display in kms correctly, but the speed needle shall not go correctly. It will go faster than actual speed. If you are driving at 100km/h, the needle shall show about 120km/h. I think this is the only hardware difference between mile odometer and km. I drove in this mood for several months, then switched back again, because we need to check speed more often than mileage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, you can program MIU again with KM/h instead of MPH. The milage shall display in kms correctly, but the speed needle shall not go correctly. It will go faster than actual speed. If you are driving at 100km/h, the needle shall show about 120km/h. I think this is the only hardware difference between mile odometer and km. I drove in this mood for several months, then switched back again, because we need to check speed more often than mileage.
I know this is an old thread with no replies, but I'm curious on how you can do that... the reprogramming I mean ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts