SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96' 900 S here in the USA that was imported from Germany. The MPH gauge reads up to 150 MPH. Can anyone from the states tell me how high their's go? I'm just curious if this is standard or not. Thanks

·
Registered
713 Posts
mine goes up to 150, they go that high because they top out around 130 to 145 depending on what model

·
Banned
736 Posts
t_buck09 said:
mine goes up to 150, they go that high because they top out around 130 to 145 depending on what model
not because of gearing but the ecu will cut down power and not let you over 143mph i think. but if you remove it i think you can go up to 160-170mph. (i know for a fact you can hit 160mph:lol: )

·
Registered
713 Posts
jonny72888 said:
not because of gearing but the ecu will cut down power and not let you over 143mph i think. but if you remove it i think you can go up to 160-170mph. (i know for a fact you can hit 160mph:lol: )
AND YOU REMOVE THIS HOW!!! :D

·
Banned
736 Posts
t_buck09 said:
AND YOU REMOVE THIS HOW!!! :D
with a ecu tune fomr jsp, nick or any of the other tunners out there. ( or get a tech 2 on your comp and do it yourself)

·
Banned
736 Posts
mfyoung said:
i though stock was 147? i took mine to 150, but i read 3 over with my speedo, or at least thats what those roadside radar detectors say lol
i thought it was 143 but i could be wrong, i look in my book tomorrow and see what it sas.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Where I live it is too populated to even think about going that fast, and even if it is safe and clear. We have a bunch of cops. If I could drive for 30 minutes and be out in the desert and away from everyone like you can I would ring my car out on a regular basis. That must be awsome.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Corn Cob said:
Where I live it is too populated to even think about going that fast, and even if it is safe and clear. We have a bunch of cops. If I could drive for 30 minutes and be out in the desert and away from everyone like you can I would ring my car out on a regular basis. That must be awsome.
yeah last time i did it was on indain reservation, on the 101 no less but on indian reservation, only indian cops can patrol it, and it was 3 in the morning, not a car on the road, and indians pass out around 12 due to heavy drinking

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I've done stupid things with speed in areas that were in no way safe.
I too wish there was a place for me to do it, however with my car acting up like it is now, I wouldn't push her anyways.

Im pretty sure my gauge goes up to 160

·
Registered
771 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
I too wish there was a place for me to do it, however with my car acting up like it is now, I wouldn't push her anyways.

dude my sister drove so fast at purdue, she was scary

·
Registered
933 Posts
I never speed if the road isn't empty, but cops. I am affraid to go as fast as I want to, and I wouldn't go faster than would be safe. Today though I past a cop doing 20 over and I thought for sure he would pull me but he just watches me fly past. I guess he didn't care since I was the only car around so it was safe.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Corn Cob said:
I never speed if the road isn't empty, but cops. I am affraid to go as fast as I want to, and I wouldn't go faster than would be safe. Today though I past a cop doing 20 over and I thought for sure he would pull me but he just watches me fly past. I guess he didn't care since I was the only car around so it was safe.
Oh i've only done it when I was alone, but that doesn't mean it was safe....

I like to think I've grown up a little since then though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You are never alone

In my area speeding when you are the only car on the road is one of the easiest ways to get tagged. Those sneaky public servants usually hide out with their instant on radar and " shoot " you when you first pop into their view or crest a hill. I think most or them are waiting for the poor devil who is really flying. I drive the Parkway in NJ all the time and the average car is usually 15mph or so over the limit. The only ones I see getting pulled over have usually passed me doing a good 30+mph over the limit. We now have sections of highway in NJ designated as " SAFE CORRIDORS " where the fines and points on your license are doubled. Get one ticket at 40 mph over the limit and you can kiss $400 and your license goodby for 6 months.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I shouldn't start, this is a big pet peave of mine, to be honest pet peave doesn't quite describe it, George Carlin descirbed these types of feelings best but the site would censor most of the words so no point repeating it.

Cops where I'm from, specifically in a certain part of town, are notorious for being crooked, dirty *******s. Don't get me wrong, I respect the job most cops do, it's not easy and they put themselves on the line (at least some of them do). But I have a hard time trusting them, I hate seeing that one cop who just sits on an empty country road all night in an un marked car waiting to catch someone going ten or fifteen over. I'm getting ready to go on a rant that will most likely offend a lot of people, so I'll stop now, but I really don't like it when they target mild speeding.

·
Registered
493 Posts
9-3sleeper said:

Mine says 160mph (UK spec).

I have been off the clock.... (on a track of course!)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts