SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A great resource for US Market Saab Production Numbers provided by esaabparts.com. Can be sorted by year, body style, engine, even the color.

I was surprised to find my previous 9-3 combi was significantly more rare than my current Viggen.

The full table of data can be accessed here or by clicking the image below.

If there is a similar reference for other markets, let me know and I'll edit this top post to include.

·
Registered
197 Posts
;ol; So cool. Thanks for sharing.

My 9-3 is one of the 101 silver, 3-door coupė, manual transmission models produced in 2000.

Now she's even more special!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Are Canadian cars part of of US production? For most brands it is.

I can't believe there's only 14 like mine?
2008 2.0T 5D FWD 6-speed manual B207R LASER RED
14 :eek:
Take that, "Special edition Accord one of 23 millions made":lol:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah someone knew where this link was in another thread so I nicked it for a sticky here. :cool:

Sometimes it makes me nervous that I go whole days driving freeways and urban area and not seeing another Saab. As though we're driving something rare, well....

Rather surprising how low some of these numbers are. Especially when you add in color. I actually thought I'd find another black Aero 9-3 SC with the manual trans but there were only 37 of those made just in '06.

This could be some great ammo when dealing with insurance companies. Keep your Saab gang and keep them well. Replacements are hard to come by.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Are Canadian cars part of of US production? For most brands it is.
Good question. Seems not. I had a guy stop by where I work in Toronto, with a 2009 Griffin 9-5 wagon. He said it was a manual trans (and why should he lie to me?). It was some kind of beige/bronze. The site says only one Griffin manual wagon was built, and blue to boot. And only 16 automatic Griffin wagons. Hmm, those are rare cars!

·
Registered
244 Posts
What a fantastic resource. Thanks for sharing. I always wanted to know how many 9-5 manual trans aero wagons were made since they are so hard to find. I did the math and there were only 824 total for all production years. For my car specifically nocturne blue 2004 there were only 10! With only 82 total production for all colors during 2004.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Cripes! With such low production numbers it is no wonder Saab went out of business. My black 9-5 wagon was one of 92 and my 9-3 in Pepper Green is one of 49, and those combined numbers are probably a Wednesday afternoon for Ford or Toyota.

The cars' rarity is novel, but that's not why I bought them. I bought them because they are fine cars.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Just giving a shout out to forum member zissou who did the work on this feature as well as the esaabparts site. It is a cool resource.

The other cool new resource for us Saab nuts is the ability to run your VIN at thesaabsite to get essentially a build sheet showing the details of each VIN's equipment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 03 5 speed 9-5 Aero wagon is more rare than my Viggen, guess I now know which one to treat good and which one to use as a winter beater!:confused:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just giving a shout out to forum member zissou who did the work on this feature as well as the esaabparts site. It is a cool resource.
Well said AV. I had no idea Zissou built this out. Very appreciative.

My 03 5 speed 9-5 Aero wagon is more rare than my Viggen, guess I now know which one to treat good and which one to use as a winter beater!:confused:
Deuce...you're terrible. :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
SAAB 99 EMS Production Numbers???

Will anyone provide a source/resource/link to Production Numbers for the SAAB 99 EMS produced from 1971 to 1978? Thank you. I am the owner of a rare, rare, rare 1974 Sunset Orange SAAB 99 EMS - garaged in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma U.S.A. Thank you. John J. Garvey [email protected]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts