SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday I am going to order a US spec 05 vert that will eventually be coming back to Canada, and would like to make sure the US spec speedos show both MPH and kilometers. Is that still the case?

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
My 05 has both.... actually I havent been in a US car yet that hasn't had both mph and km/h

·
Registered
213 Posts
Most canadian spec cars don't or just saab? I rode with a friend in Montreal that had a Sunfire... had mph is small digits just like our km/h is. Except for the fact that canadian's have a good chance of coming to the US there isn't really a point to them having both elsewhere, considering only the US uses this damn devil of a measuring system.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
novacoke said:
Most canadian spec cars don't or just saab? I rode with a friend in Montreal that had a Sunfire... had mph is small digits just like our km/h is. Except for the fact that canadian's have a good chance of coming to the US there isn't really a point to them having both elsewhere, considering only the US uses this damn devil of a measuring system.
My Cad. spec audi has both mph and Km as does my girlfriends civic. I suspect the CAd speedos are the same as Europes where mph is not needed. Even the English use the metric system primarily. Though I suspect we all hoist a pint rather than a liter of our favourite ale where ever we are.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Saab uses the Euro speedo in the Canada market, uses the USA one in UK and USA the km/h only everywhere else.

One major point BRob - the km/h only speedo looks many times better (to me) than the dual-unit unit.

Basic conversions

80km/h = 50mi/h
88km/h = 55mi/h
100km/h = 62.5mi/h
105km/h = 65mi/h
112km/h = 70mi/h
120km/h = 75mi/h
129km/h = 80mi/h
137km/h = 85mi/h
160km/h = 99mi/h
200km/h = 125mi/h
250km/h = 155mi/h
300km/h = 186mi/h

etcetera. I'm very good at doing this off the top of my head...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I have a CDN spec 9-3ss and I don't have mph on my speedometer. It makes it a little confusing when going to the U.S., but I can estimate the mph in kph fairly easily since I lived in Phoenix for 6 years when I was in high school.

I couldn't believe that in my 9th grade Honors Chem/Physics course, we had a unit in the metric system....

Passed in flying colors though. :lol:

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts