SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am sure it will fit 292mm vented rotor, what I am not sure is that the caliper mounting bracket might not fit your 2008 wheel hub, the distance between the 2 screw holes on the 2006 caliper mounting bracket might not be the same as 2 holes on the wheel hub, but again, it is worth of trying. Let us know if it fits so we know they are interchangeable.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. My mechanic has my 08' SS Aero up on the lift and he's saying my driver's side rear caliper is completely seized and needs to be replaced. He ordered one from his parts guy, but despite measuring and confirming the rotor diameter (292mm) before he ordered, the caliper doesn't fit. My chassis rear brake code is BB, so it should take 292mm vented rotors. Not sure why his part didn't fit, could it be that the calipers for the XWD cars are different than those for the Aeros, even though they're both 292mm rotors?

Anyhow, this 9-3 is my daily driver and I need to start driving it back into work ASAP - I'm trying to find a compatible caliper I can order overnighted to have in the shop on Monday, preferably one that's not over $300, so probably a remanufactured. Does anyone have any suggested vendors / manufacturer part numbers? RockAuto has a NUGEON 2209132L caliper that says it's for cars with 302mm or 314mm front rotors (thus 16" wheels, thus 292mm rear rotors), but they can't get it to me until tuesday. Does the Centric 141.38522 fit?

Thanks in advance for anybody that might be able to help me clear this up.
They make rebuild kits for calipers that are about $12..... and its an easy job to rebuild them. Unless there is some crazy stuff in the caliper because its a newer model...You should be able to order the rebuild kit from any auto parts supply place like auto zone etc.....Remove it from the car, soak it in some trans fluid for about a day so it will "unseize", clean it up real good, rebuild, reinstall, stop happy again

·
Registered
240 Posts
Was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. My mechanic has my 08' SS Aero up on the lift and he's saying my driver's side rear caliper is completely seized and needs to be replaced. He ordered one from his parts guy, but despite measuring and confirming the rotor diameter (292mm) before he ordered, the caliper doesn't fit. My chassis rear brake code is BB, so it should take 292mm vented rotors. Not sure why his part didn't fit, could it be that the calipers for the XWD cars are different than those for the Aeros, even though they're both 292mm rotors?

Anyhow, this 9-3 is my daily driver and I need to start driving it back into work ASAP - I'm trying to find a compatible caliper I can order overnighted to have in the shop on Monday, preferably one that's not over $300, so probably a remanufactured. Does anyone have any suggested vendors / manufacturer part numbers? RockAuto has a NUGEON 2209132L caliper that says it's for cars with 302mm or 314mm front rotors (thus 16" wheels, thus 292mm rear rotors), but they can't get it to me until tuesday. Does the Centric 141.38522 fit?

Thanks in advance for anybody that might be able to help me clear this up.
Here is a link :

Looks like $6 instead of $12, I know how we all hate to save money LOL

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am sure it will fit 292mm vented rotor, what I am not sure is that the caliper mounting bracket might not fit your 2008 wheel hub, the distance between the 2 screw holes on the 2006 caliper mounting bracket might not be the same as 2 holes on the wheel hub, but again, it is worth of trying. Let us know if it fits so we know they are interchangeable.
EPC says the 292mm compatible caliper, carrier bracket, and all other rear brake parts are the same from 2006-2011, so I should be good to go.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Picked up the Duralast reman caliper today from Autozone that Walkinator recommended. Came with the piston, new washers & bolt, as well as the carrier bracket & slide pins. I wanted to measure the jaw width (I know the vented rotors are 20mm thick) but I think I would need to do that with pads in place, which I don't have on hand.

Fingers crossed, we'll see what my mechanic says tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
EPC says the 292mm compatible caliper, carrier bracket, and all other rear brake parts are the same from 2006-2011, so I should be good to go.
Did some reading on RockAuto and it shows that the rear calipers have the same rebuild kits (same pistons too). Just FYI for anyone reading this thread. Hope that caliper works for you!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I know you've all been waiting on the edge of your seats...Duralast Bracketed Brake Caliper 19-B2913 from autozone fit perfectly over my 292mm vented rear driver's side rotor!

Thank you to everyone for the advice / suggestions, but special thanks to TheWalkinator for recommending something I was able to pick up next day from the store across town, for only about $100!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know you've all been waiting on the edge of your seats...Duralast Bracketed Brake Caliper 19-B2913 from autozone fit perfectly over my 292mm vented rear driver's side rotor!

Thank you to everyone for the advice / suggestions, but special thanks to TheWalkinator for recommending something I was able to pick up next day from the store across town, for only about $100!
Great, happy that it worked out for you~

21 - 30 of 30 Posts