SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were just leaving the house, me driving her 03 9-3. As I got in and moved the seat the adjuster broke, leaving the seat halfway between where I have it and where she does. She needs the car for work tomorrow and cannot drive my car as it is a manual and she does not know how. It is not a power seat, just a cable driven adjuster. I think the cable broke at some point in the line but I cannot get to the bolts to remove the seat as it is stuck back.

Any ideas on what broke and how to get at it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good news. I found the break in the cable and was able to move the seat back to a position where she can drive it safely.

The cable broke loose and it's far end where it attaches to the bar that releases the seat slide. Now I just need a way to reattach it. Any ideas? Or better yet a diagram of the underside of the drivers seat?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NEW ISSUES!

Seat is still broken, that will get fixed eventually.

Today we took it to tires plus to have the snow tires removed and the summer ones installed. After getting in and driving 35 min home my wife found out that the door handle on the inside of the drivers door no longer works! You now need to roll down the window to release yourself. Added to this none of the power accessories except the windows work. Door locks are inop including using the remote. The trunk will not open whether using the remote, door button or the touch pad on the trunk. Would all of this fail at once on coincidence as the shop is trying to make me believe. I don't think that this would happen on coincidence at the same instant it goes to a shop. Several questions:

A What should I be looking for wrong in the door?

B What should I tell the manager to get him to promise to do more than look at it? Right now he insists he will only have someone look at it and not do anything to fix it.

C If the manager does not cooperate what are my options against him? How can I get someone to help me with this?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
first off try disconnecting the battery. i think the whole tire thing is only a coincidence. if the battery disconnect doesnt work try resetting the door control module by unplugging the plug that is on the inside of the door crease.

Does your sid say that your driver door is open?
The reason your doors wont lock is because the car is registering the driver door as open and the car wont lock itself if a door is open.
is the driver side door speaker working? is it is then its good news it just means that it is most likely your door control module

1 - 6 of 6 Posts