SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have just changed the head gasket on my 2002 9/3 Aero and the only thing i have left to do is connect up the two pre-heater lines to the throttle body , and guess what,i have forgotten what pipes go where. So here is the question , does the top pipe from the T/body go to the connection next to the coolant temp sensor or to the connection at the rear of the engine for the cabin heater.

I will check back in later once i have picked the kids up,thanks in advance,

Kenny.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
T/body hoses

Hi again,
I am waiting to fill my car with coolant and as per the above post i am unsure what way the two coolant pipes go . Will someone with a T7 car please check the way the upper pipe runs from the T/body to the main coolant lines and let me know ASAP the car is required for the morning.

Many thanks ,
Kenny.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Bypassing the throttle body is a common mod as unless you live above the arctic circle a frozen TB is not a problem - thus simply find a short section of tube and join the 2 ends together.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Berate me if I am wrong and misleading, BUT, I believe that the throttle body "water" section is the same as any heat exchanger.

Thus the hot enters at the top and the cooler coolant exits at the bottom..
If there is no top and bottom, but cross-flow instead...then, one can but make this area as neat as possible with no stretched or kinked hoses..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Throttle body hoses

I was concerned that feeding the T/B with hot water in the wrong direction may cause false readings at a sensor somewhere so that is why a wanted to put the hoses back in same order that they were in , unfortunatly Haynes do not have a section for absent minded owners.

I think that the top hose went onto the T-piece on the pipe that feeds the turbo the one next to the coolant sensor, can anyone verify this.

Kenny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts