SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all wondering if anyone can advise me what damage has been done to the front of my wifes 9-5 Aero 2007 as per the attached picture. Everything appears to be running fine ( she drove it home after driving over the curb) but as my NG needs major engine work we are going to be without a motor untill this is fixed.../

Appears to be a hose that goes from drivers side to passenger side I can re-connect that, but the wiring I need to find out what it is and for, purple and black totally torn out and hanging down.

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
If it is that low and forward in the front facia it might be the wiring for the outside air temperature sensor. If it is running ok and no warning lights then that’d be my suspicion...
Good luck
S

·
Registered
478 Posts
best guess -

Sorry to hear / see.

My best guess is the wiring to the fog lights (but Shaggy could be right, and it should be easy to tell the difference). I don't have daily access to the two '06 9-5's I maintain, but that wiring and extra 'anti-scuff' wrapping look right. I also will assume that the hose is for headlight washer - if you splice, clamp the splice. I don't know exact pressure for the headlight wash, but it has to be enough to pop the nozzle out.

Depending upon shop skills, the bumper can likely be repaired - but make certain the shop knows what they're about. The best repair techniques can be as strong as new, but that takes care and skill.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you kindly I rather suspected as such and we certainly can manage without the fog's. I am happy it is the wash lead. All in all not too much to get too excited about. Thank you for your very prompt help!

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Left front fog light wires. (BN/VT and BK wires)
Outside temp sensor is in right.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've taken the front off my 9-5 a dozen times. As others have already stated, that wiring harness is for the fog lights and outside temperature sensor. For an 06+ it's hard to find a replacement for, I ended up having to make my own when repairing mine. However, if is just torn in two, and you still have the complete harness soldering it is a very simple fix.

You won't get any warning lights, just a few dashes where your outside temperature reading is supposed to be. Car will run fine without it, but it affects how the automatic climate control works.

That hose is for the headlight washers, get a barbed fitting and splice the hose back together, otherwise you'll keep leaking out all your washer fluid.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A big thanks

Hello all wondering if anyone can advise me what damage has been done to the front of my wifes 9-5 Aero 2007 as per the attached picture. Everything appears to be running fine ( she drove it home after driving over the curb) but as my NG needs major engine work we are going to be without a motor untill this is fixed.../

Appears to be a hose that goes from drivers side to passenger side I can re-connect that, but the wiring I need to find out what it is and for, purple and black totally torn out and hanging down.

Many thanks in advance

Problems solved again thanks for the ultra fast and accurate information!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts