SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 96 900s 3 weeks ago. Over the weekend it has stopped running...

It wont start, except for a couple of times when it runs but then dies.

Ive had a mechanic take a look, and he says there is a spark but fuel pump isnt even buzzing.

Any common problems? or anybody any ideas what it could be? have been told that it could be something as small as a relay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
he said the fuel pump stopped... one way to test is to grab a hammer or something of the sort and while cranking over or trying to keep it running, hit right over the pump, just enough to make a vibration... if it works then stops again then the pump is bad.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A Haynes Manual has the wiring diagram in which will show te relevenat wiring and relays to isolate/check :)

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
How many miles or kilometer on it?

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
ricot83 said:
he said the fuel pump stopped... one way to test is to grab a hammer or something of the sort and while cranking over or trying to keep it running, hit right over the pump, just enough to make a vibration... if it works then stops again then the pump is bad.
Except I think on our cars the fuel pump is inside the gas tank, so that won't be possible :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slaab4life said:
How many miles or kilometer on it?
its only done 74000 mate,

cheers for the coments everyone, its at the dealer now been plugged in...
ill let ya know the damage

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ha, how simple - the alarm wire under the seat was broken? was causing immobiliser to kick in... glad that is sorted...

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
The law here says that a used car must run fine for 90 days after purchase. Give the seller a ring see if he can get it fixed at the Saab dealer at his cost. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
900t said:
The law here says that a used car must run fine for 90 days after purchase. Give the seller a ring see if he can get it fixed at the Saab dealer at his cost. :)
cheers mate, i already did this last night and he has paid for it so thats really good :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts