SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night while driving, my headlights began to flicker. Today, I was messing with the switch, it broke off in my hand, and the lights are out for good.
Pics show the broken piece, just to be clear what I am talking about. The switches shown are from rockauto.com, and I need to know if the switch is all I need to purchase (do I need to get something else), and if I absolutley need to get the OEM version.
Ill ask about removing the dash later, after I research it a bit, just want to order what I need right away.
Thanks, Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Yikes those are expensive! Why not just get one from a bone yard? If you can get it to stay on, you'll at least be able to drive it, then when the car is shut off they'll go out. This will buy you some time until a new one is sourced if it's your only car.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are. Sad day. But I found one on eeuroparts.com for $56, so I'll be able to shop around a little bit. Yeah, the salvage yard is going to have to be looked at. I suppose since its memorial day weekend, there's no difference in ordering the part now or on tues.

I figured out the switch just comes out of its hole from the front. I started to pry the broken swich (eight or so pins) out of the connector, but the plastic of the connector started to crack and break. Doesn't it just pull out?

Thanks, Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts