SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2003 Vector. Manual states that there is an upshift light. Either mine is disabled (TECH2 ?????) or it is not working.
Does anybody even have one that is working? Is it a Tech2 otpion? Or my light bulb just burned out?
I don't really care if it works or not, I just want to know:)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I saw that as well in the owners manual (I have an 03 Vector 6-speed manual) and went out trying different driving styles to see if any light would come up. mine doesn't have one / it isn't on either

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Do you really want one? Chances are it's an economy shift light, telling you where to shift in order to get the best gas mileage. At least that's how they were in the NG900... kinda lame if you ask me. I don't want to see a light blinking every time I go past 2 grand.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Automaggot said:
Do you really want one? Chances are it's an economy shift light, telling you where to shift in order to get the best gas mileage. At least that's how they were in the NG900... kinda lame if you ask me. I don't want to see a light blinking every time I go past 2 grand.
I don't want the light, but I want to know if it is there and not working for whatever reason. If it is not working, there is a reson for it and I want to know why :) I am just curious.

·
Registered
609 Posts
My dealer deactivated the light via Tech II before delivery. They told me it could be turned on if I wished during my 30 day. I think it would bother me. Although apparently the manufacturer gets something ridiculous like and extra 2 MPG EPA rating for having one!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I think it is disabled by default for the 6-spd. It was off on my '03 Arc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 03 Linear had the annoying upshift lift, my 05 does not. I was not given the option upon delivery. The dealer said the light was for early model Linear.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have it light on mine. It's an early build. You don't want it on, it's annoying. I just wish the tach and the speedo were swapped around. That would be ideal. Shift lights are for people just learning. I was told the car should recognize how you drive and only show up during your normal shifts, but that was a big fat lie. Of course now that dealer is selling mazda's.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mm...I don't need a "save gas and change gear now" light...but I would like to have...

- a weather radar on a multi-function display like in a cokpit (i know there is a "c" missing but then it would be "****pit" :eek: )
- a head up display
- a "no-smoke/stay seated" sign and switch
- and more cokpit/airline stuff to push the pilot/cokpit feeling even more. ;)
- I absolutly love this little leaflet in airplane style with the safet informations.

I love my saab! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts