SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
Is anyone able to advise whether (or not) an Upper Dash for a 1988 C900 will fit my 1983 model, please?

Kind regards
Saabina

·
4,637 Posts
I think it will. The dash panel has cutouts for loudspeakers, for face vents and for the instrument/switch panel. Is that what you mean? If so, you just need to check if those bits will fit and the curvature of the front curve. Compare with your own:

1. The width of the dash
  2. the depth from front to back at the edges and at the centre
  3. The width and height of the instrument panel cutout
  4. The overall height of the dash

OTOH, if you're talking about the bit that contains all of the switches, you'll have to see will it take all of your switches...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dashboard

Hi cdaly
Here's a pic of the dash in question.

I know there are certain things that changed with models after 1983 but I'm not sure if the dash was one of them... it looks like it has all the same things and in the same places as mine I'm just unsure if the actual size/shape etc changed.

·
4,637 Posts
<peers halfway around the world>...

Looks the same from here... AFAIK, there hasn't been any change in that area though I'm by no means definitive on that. If you can get to it to measure it {it's on ebay or some such?} you'll be sure. Maybe ask the seller to measure it for you...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks cdaly

Many thanks indeed cdaly

It looks pretty well the same as mine, but I've asked the seller to measure it for me - it is on eBay. :)

Almost time for bed, just watching the last bit of tonight episode of The Bill, then a Touch of Frost :))

cheers
R

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello there again!!,

I'm pretty sure that ur interior swap will work out just fine, because Ive got a 81' with an entire 90' interior in it dash and knee bolster included with lower center console included!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts