SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99, 95 has about 88K miles on it and it's time for some investment. I replaced the brake pads a short while ago but now it's time for rotors. While I'm at it I want to replace the dampers, struts, springs and anti-roll bars.

Here's my questions:

1. Most spring kits lower the car by about 1.5" (eibachs) - do I need the adjusting links or does the stock suspension allow enough adjustment to correct the camber?

2. Any trouble with stock wheel/tire sizes rubbing after lowering?

3. I can't find anti-roll bars - are they called something different or can you point me to a place that has them? I'd like to do front and rear -

4. What size diameter anti-roll bars are optimal for fronts and rears (my 64 Corvette has 1 1/4" up front and 7/8" in the rear....)

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,030 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kermit said:
1) I'm running the Eibach kit and no adjustment has been neccessary.
2) I've gone from the factory 16" wheels to aftermarket 17" wheels with Aero spec tyres 225/45-17, no rubbing at all.
3)& 4) These are the only aftermarket ARB's i could find, other than that you could get some off a broken Aero model (the Aero had thicker ARB's than standard cars). http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_51&products_id=47&osCsid=e646b9bfeea66642df2d7fdf24429604
Thanks Kermit (again and again...) That's just what I was lookin for. Looks like I'm going to put about $1400 bucks into the ol 95. Not bad considering it includes: rotors, pads, ARBs, tires, struts and springs...

Of course, I'll be doing the work myself. Death to the Dealer!!!!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
pmonfre said:
Of course, I'll be doing the work myself!!!!
Good for you ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts