SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at upgrading my injectors on my 1987 9000t, ive heard talk about using the injectors out of a volvo but never what year or type of volvo. Anyone have any ideas of recomendations?

I have heard of using the green injectors, but they also have yellow ones, which is better?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Volvo Green injectors p/n 9202100 (Bosch) about $120 each is about the cheapest you'll find. Get them from year 1999-2000 Volvo V70R AWD autos - try finding one of those! Generally these are used to support fueling after about 310bhp as the 9k Aero ones max out about there. I dont think they are really what you are looking for??
My knowledge of a 1987 9000T is low in that I'm not sure what the standard injectors will run up to bhp wise but whatever, you'll need to remap the fueling to account for any new injectors.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im looking to run 18 to 22 psi of boost, i have a pressure reg and stuff but i need to upgrade my injectors and im not sure where to look.

·
Banned
637 Posts
Ok.. Find a set of injectors off of a Current Model Mustang V8 .. Plenty Hi flow enough and a proven upgrade onna Saab.. Some have reported buying the entire set NEW for approx $200 .. find a Saab friend and Save even More.
Bosch prices are too greedy for words.
NO need for ecu fooling, a 3.0 bar Fuel press reg OR ..RRFPR will do nicely.
Often the extra fueling is for cooling the charge.. Wastefull and diry.. Suggest an Aquamist system as a superior alternate.. Excellent but not free.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Basre said:
Ok.. Find a set of injectors off of a Current Model Mustang V8 .. Plenty Hi flow enough and a proven upgrade onna Saab.. Some have reported buying the entire set NEW for approx $200 .. find a Saab friend and Save even More.
you mean off a 1999-2004 mustang?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so ur sayin a new style mustang injector will fit my 1988 saab 2.0t engine? what are the mustang injectors rated at any one know?, and out of what kind and year of mustang 6 cyl or v8?

·
Registered
221 Posts
30 something.. i say not worth more then for stage 1 or stage two tuning , stock turbo saab are 21 or 23 (2.3L got biggers.. dont remember who big)

·
Banned
637 Posts
Mustang uses Bosch style injectors.. they are 30 and 34 versions.. but the 30 lbs ones WILL do just fine up to 300+hp..
LOTS more than yr trans can sustain :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts