SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its long been reported here that upgraded LPT's in particular become more fuel efficient when upgraded.

Mine went from 22 mpg average as stock to 25 mpg at Stage 2 and now to around 27-28 mpg average with the Stage 4+ :p

I know that Saab drivers are incredibly clever and responsible folks, that's why they drive the safest cars on the planet I guess, but now you have a further opportunity to help save the planet.......power upgrades :cheesy:

If you need any help persuading the wife, just tell her its to improve the economy :cool: :cool:

Nice to have some good news innit :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
This is great news Chris, as i am also 1mm away from going for a stage 2, i need the torque, and i need that edge on the sound:p

On the subject of stage upgrade testing, i noted this text on a site,

from Stage 1 and up, are rolling road tested on a static dyno. Static dyno testing is the method used by automobile manufacturers, allowing torque and horsepower measurement while at the same time being able to monitor that pressure readings, lambda values and exhaust gas temperatures are kept within safe limits. To achieve this the output is measured every 500 rpm for a period of at least 10 seconds.

I surely do not want to be perceived as pessimistic:lol: , but has anyone carried out some tests beyond the 10 second markers to check what happens to the stage parameters and compared them to the original specs parameters , to see how figures take shape and compare with standard spec on a plus and minus scale through extended use of power ?

Im assuming that they do an acceleration through the gears at 10 second bursts every 500 rpm, and take readings from this.
But id like to see how the readings fare with repetitive tests, as if you were doing some extended overtaking excercises, does the proportionate power increase as shown by power graphs decrease quite quickly or stay similar or increase over spec with extended power usage ?
Also how do temps hold up at extended use ?

I realise that most usage of the power would be short burst in reality, but its worth an ask

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yesterday I pulled up at a set of lights, then I heard it..............

A pure white Nissan Skyline, rumbled up beside me.................

Even the sticker stack shook as she rumbled at idle.............

I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a go and pressed the "S" button........

The lights changed.........the saab groaned as the auto box heaved her forward........

Suddenly in came the boost, wey hey flying!.........but where is it?

Looked in my mirror and ............................ he had turned right :roll:

Oh well :cheesy:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Those skylines are something else, but it would have been interesting to see how you matched up (or Down )

Should that not be growled instead of groaned :lol:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He'd have done me easily, but just for a split second I thought I'd out dragged a Skyline :lol: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts