SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Does anyone know anywhere to purchase an updated Navigation DVD Canada US Region for a 2008 Saab 9-3 Turbo X. I think the maps on the original DVD are from 2006 and they are so outdated in my area. I am wiling to pay for an updated DVD or for an alternate DVD that works from another car or for any hack type of method of putting together a newer DVD. I am even willing to swap out the head unit.

I love Saabs and the Turbo X but the old maps are so annoying. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think it might be easier to just buy a new Kenwood headunit latest map/updates and iPod connection (if you have an iPod)

I went with a DNX7210BT (UK)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it might be easier to just buy a new Kenwood headunit latest map/updates and iPod connection (if you have an iPod)

I went with a DNX7210BT (UK)
Thanks for the reply. Was the new head unit professionally installed or did you do install yourself? Were you able to get the steering wheel buttons to continue working?

I have spoken to some professional shops/installers here and they all said that they will sell me the new head unit (like Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer) but they can't install it because they haven't worked with Saabs before. I guess that other owners are sticking with the built-in and there isn't any demand locally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts