SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
During my recent u-pull foray, I crossed paths with a set of new style 9-5/9-3SS lug nuts that had been left behind following someone snagging the wheels from a newer 9-5.

Yesterday I needed to do some wheel pulling of my own, so I used those for the re-install. I misted a little WD-40 between the collars and washers and installed them. Major improvement, IMHO, as far as lugs go. Nice even torque up with no creaking and snarling as the steel of the old lugs twists against the alloy wheel.

If you happen across a set, grab 'em. Trivial cost and improvement but it's the little things that make me smile.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
I've been trying to collect a full set of those. So far I think I have about 10. The trick is finding some that aren't all coated in rust. I'm glad to hear that they seem to be a noticeable improvement over the older style. I still have the old old ones with the dished-in head and "Saab" stamped into the head on my NG900, and the regular one-piece ones with the slightly domed head on both of my 9-5s.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the ones I got aren't all perfect plating wise, but they are fairly good, and I'd already given in to lug caps. I bought this set - gets you plenty of spares You will need some spares, they can crack when installed too aggressively... or my issue was what you alluded to: I have some domed lugs and some flat and the caps should not be driven to the same depth. But there are plenty in the set. I had to pull them off the old lugs to put on these new one ones... and the second time install is far easier to push on.

Also available from the same vendor in black: 40x 17MM Alloy Wheel Hex Nut Bolt Caps Covers Tool Locking For Audi Cars Grey | eBay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts