SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - just FYI for everyone. The Dorman 752-914 window regulator is offered by a number of online merchants as an exact replacement for 9-3 model from a number of years. This is true...almost. Personal experience proved that the window motor, for a 2009 9-3 is not compatible with the model regulator shown above.

We did learn that a window motor from a 2004 9-3 from the junkyard is compatible.

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
Did you look at my link? Anti-pinch vs. nonanti-pinch motors are different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Response

Ah so that explains the different (no did not see your thread in relation to specific issues - however it would have seemed to me that Dorman would have indicated the same rather than suggesting the regulator was the same for all model years of the 9-3.

Thanks for taking time to send the info. This is great info, because lol I sacrified the rear window regulator to take out the gearwheel so see if I could reuse it on the front. So the rear window regulator will be replaced this spring (when it's not 25 degrees outside which is where my workshop is!).

Thanks again for letting me know.

JB

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Dorman 752-914 that you listed was the correct replacement part for my 2003 with anti-pinch.

Thankfully I purchased the regulator from AutoZone and it came with a lifetime warranty. I installed it Oct 2013 and it's in need of replacement again. I can hear and feel the cable bound up inside the door. When I get it all apart I'll be able to see if it was the same plastic piece that shattered like on the original.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.