SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I kept my appointment for my check engine light. The mechainc at the dealer has not been able to diagnose the problem. The service manager tells me it could be an ECM or a wire that goes to the O2 sensor. I guess my car has more than one ECM, this could get pretty costly real quick. :cry:

To bad the car just came off the warranty, by about 551 miles. I have a new 9-3 for a loaner car, I can cross that model off the list. Hopefully I'll get my car back today.:confused:

Peter

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's Friday and I still have not heard anything, since Wednesday when I brought the car in. I called Genuine Saab\Taliaferro Imports and talked to Nick, regarding the purchase of a new Trionic 7 upgrade. Nick said the ECM should be under warranty until 75k. I guess my thought is if I have to pay to replace the ECM, it will probably be cheaper to upgrade to Nordic and get more power, then to replace with Saab ECM. Hopefully it's under warranty and hopefully I will hear back this AM.

Keeping fingures crossed :lol:

Peter

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is back!

Well, happily I picked up my car yesterday afternoon. As it turns out, it was the T7 that needed to be replaced. The Service Manager put that under warranty, so I was very happy about that. My car now has over 50k, however it is my understanding that there are parts still covered under warranty.

So far the car seems to be running good..:)

Peter

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Peter, could you elaborate on T7 replaced? Have they reflashed the Trionic software, replaced the ECU or something else? Its just for future reference should we need to help somebody else.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kermit,

The T7 was replaced, and not reflashed. It is my understanding that the T7 is covered until 75K. The car was brought in for the check engine light and after several days, the T7 was found to be the problem. The T7 was for a 2002 ARC V6 3.0 T, the car has about 51k on it.

Thanks,

Peter:)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
T7 is not an engine component. It stands for Trionic 7, the software that runs/controls the Saab engine management system. They must have replaced some electrical component that was causing your problems?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermit said:
T7 is not an engine component. It stands for Trionic 7, the software that runs/controls the Saab engine management system. They must have replaced some electrical component that was causing your problems?
Maybe they changed the complete ECU? :confused:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris 9-5 said:
Maybe they changed the complete ECU? :confused:
Correct, I believe that to be so.

This is the discription on the paper work.

Customer states check engine light on
(8yr/80 mile warranty)
Tested system. P0134. Tested 02 sensor. Ok Traced down 02 wiring to to T-7. Ok removed T-7 from stock unit to test.
Code goes away and lights stay off. Ordered T-7
Installed T-7 and reprogram from 5382510 to 5387741
Road tested. Operates Normally

On the same paper this is a description of the part ordered TRIONICB308EM02

So according to this I believe that the T-7 or Trionic unit was replaced and reprogramed.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Peter :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2003 95 arc with a little over 70000 miles on it-cel light came on wtih code p0134--had both 02 sensors replaced--light came back on after a couple of hours. Any suggestions, before I go back to the mechanic

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Is the new CEL the same code as before the O2 sensors were changed? P0134 reads as "no activity detected, sensor 1".

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Did they use OE Saab sensors or aftermarket "universal" sensors? We've found that "pattern" sensors aren't as efficient as OE ones and continue to give fault codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, they were oe Saab sensors, they actually steered me away from the universal ones for that very reason. I tool it back today and so far so good

·
Registered
419 Posts
Great thread. I'm getting the exact same problem with the p0134 code. I'm gonna take it in soon for the 60k even though i've pretty much already done everything myself :roll: I'm thinking of telling em about that ecu. Maybe thats the problem cuz i've tried about everything with that sensor already.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts