SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: Well, I traded her in on Saturday. After having her for just over 2 years, and putting over 65k on her, and the warranty creeping to an end, I decided to trade her in. I toyed with the idea of a 92x, or even an 05 93, but after driving a FULLY loaded car for the past 2 years, I couldn't handle paying the same money for less of a car (option wise). So, this may sound evil, but I now have an 05 Saturn L300. Yes, less of a car, but also $200 less/ month too. The dealer was great in getting me out and not floating any penalties (this makes 13 vehicles from this dealer.....membership/loyality has it's priviledges). And as I finished signing the paperwork, the owner came in and said," we will do this in another 2 years, and get you back into a SAAB."

The other factor for wanting to save money, was to add more to the down-payment fund that I am building for my move/new home purchase that I will have to make next summer.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.....:cry:
'til morrow..........

I will still read/post if I think that I have anything to add, afterall, I did put 65k worth of wear on an 03.

Thanks for all of the info Guys/Gals,

Tom

·
Registered
297 Posts
Curious, but couple of questions:

1. Was that a finance or lease?
2. If was a finance, how much was left to pay?
3. how did the get u out without owing anything else on car?
4. How much was trade invalue?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a lease, and the buy out was $28k. The dealer applied every incentive that he could to absorb the milage penalty (20k/year, and I had 65K after 2yrs). He also gave the Saturn to me at $500 above cost, inorder to keep the payment low. And finally, as I mentioned this was the 13th vehicle that my family(my 4th) that we have bought/leased from this dealer. He was a little flexible.....he also had my windows tinted and covered the cost, after we had already negotiated the price.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks like my car will have to sit then. I have a finance of 4 years, 48k for mileage. I'm Approaching end of year 2 with 47K on car already. I've been trying to get into a new 9-3 in a trade in situation but there's a large gap of money left on car. Dealer said it would cost them $21,000 to purchase car from Saab Financial so I think I'm in a bit of a pickle?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SwizzDrums said:
Looks like my car will have to sit then. I have a finance of 4 years, 48k for mileage. I'm Approaching end of year 2 with 47K on car already. I've been trying to get into a new 9-3 in a trade in situation but there's a large gap of money left on car. Dealer said it would cost them $21,000 to purchase car from Saab Financial so I think I'm in a bit of a pickle?
Keep after the dealer, if they want the business....besides, if they accomodate you now, you are more likely to keep coming back, instead of just riding out this one and then walking away from them when the time is up...besides, as I mentioned in either this post or the GOOD BYE TO FINK...the dealership owner told me to come back in a couple of years, and he would get me out of the Saturn L300 and back into a Saab.:):)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts