SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I thought that my car had a wiring fault or something but I found a pattern to it. If all the doors in my car are already unlocked and someone in the front two seats pushes the unlock button on the doors again the trunk will open.

So far I've found that any problems with a car were my fault......or they were meant to be that way and werent a problem.....rofl soooo I'm assuming that this is a default setting from saab and there is a way to get rid of it.

Ideas?

·
Registered
867 Posts
is this also with the unlock on the passenger side ? If so, thats quite useful - it means the wife can unlock the trunk from the passenger side, say if I'm filling with fuel. :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Funny how you should mention this... I'm looking for a used 9-3ss and I've noticed that the separate trunk release button that was down near the door bin seems to have vanished:eek:
I thought that was just another example of thinning out the spec on the '05 model. But if what you say is right then the internal trunk release is still alive, well and living in another button.:D

Are there any other 05 drivers out there to confirm this? (and restore my confidence that the feature stealing trolls havent struck again..)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Alex_W said:
Funny how you should mention this... I'm looking for a used 9-3ss and I've noticed that the separate trunk release button that was down near the door bin seems to have vanished:eek:
I thought that was just another example of thinning out the spec on the '05 model. But if what you say is right then the internal trunk release is still alive, well and living in another button.:D

Are there any other 05 drivers out there to confirm this? (and restore my confidence that the feature stealing trolls havent struck again..)
Both of the '05s I drove this week had the trunk button. Perhaps they killed it on just the Linears?
~D.J.~

·
Banned
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We'll if you need a trunk button you can borrow my extras =/ Rofl yeah the passenger side has been doing it too, its annoying.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ohio9-3SSBoy said:
Both of the '05s I drove this week had the trunk button. Perhaps they killed it on just the Linears?
~D.J.~
Both the cars I looked at were Vectors. Perhaps its the old US spec cars getting more again.....:cry: I will have to look into this further

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Alex_W said:
But if what you say is right then the internal trunk release is still alive, well and living in another button.:D
I think that would be pretty cool. They foun a way to save money by removing hardware & replacing it with software (re-programming abutton to serve an additional function).
IF, and only if, that's true.

I'm dying to know as well, those of you with newer 05s with no trunk button, if you unlock the doors with the door button, if you hit it again does the trunk open? Myabe also checking in the manual to see if that function is listed?

·
Registered
122 Posts
My '04 Linear has the trunk button on the driver door. Odd that an 04 Linear would have a dedicated button while your Arc would not?

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
And my '03 has

1. the pop open on the drivers door
2. the pop open on the key
3. open by turning the key
4. open in a limited time after opening the doors
5. AND just discovered the unlock works as well.
6. anything else?

·
Registered
98 Posts
my 03my 53 plate vector had a button in the door to release the boot but my 05my aero doesnt it was one of the first 05my to be built in july 2004 and i tried the door lock thing and it didnt on my aero and it didnt release the boot

darn it though i could be lazy and not push the keyfob to release the boot

·
Banned
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no i have a dedicated button on the door, but if you push the unlock button when all of the doors are unlocked it will do it too, its annoying me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 03my (53 plate) Aero does not have a dedicated button, so I am hoping this works on my Aero.

Seeing as tech2 is set to lock the boot on drive off, the only way to release the boot is via the key fob, which is a right sod if the car is running. You have to turn the engine off, remove the fob, press the boot release and then start the car again.:evil:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ok, I think I've got it figured out, but maybe not. Maybe just another interesting snippet.

On my car, '03 Linear 6/03 build date with a trunk release on the driver's door, here's what happens...

All doors unlocked and pushing the interior unlock button again allows me to open the trunk using the button on the trunk (right above the license plate). This is usually disabled and locked all the time regardless of the rest of the car (Tech II option).

So I'm guessing that for those of you able to pop the trunk using the interior locks have the exterior trunk release to be active when the car is unlocked? Just a guess.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I took my door apart this weekend to address some rattle (put felt tape between the window switches).

I also looked closely at the trunk button contruction/wiring. It's very interesting that there is place to plug in the connector for the trunk if there is no trunk button.
You can see it in the picture.

So all you need to add a trunk button is the actual button I'm guessing, and to cut a hole. The correct hanress should be there. If not, you can order the harness.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts