SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to find a switched power source that turns on when the car is unlocked (and off when locked/ignition key out/whatever really).

Do we have any?

·
Registered
366 Posts
looking to hard wire a radar detector?

first guess would be cigarette lighter / a/c outlet. also would think the compas on the rear view mirror and the garage door opener

·
Registered
267 Posts
jmr said:
No, i'm looking to get my handsfree kit properly working. Long story (http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59494)

I'm not looking for an ignition switched power source, but rather one that is switched on lock/unlock of the car.
You mean power switched when you lock/unlock or unlock the steering? (key in ignition/key out of ignition?) I'd imagine there should be able to use the power source from the ignition lock to activate a solenoid and use it to switch power on and off, but why not just pull power from an ignition switched source?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i actually mean lock/unlock the car with the remote, so i'm thinking maybe some interior light?

I can't use ignition because stereo turns on with ignition, and i need the hf kit to turn on first. Long story, see the other thread for a full explanation.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
My giess is that jmr want to use the handsfree while in the car & the car is off. Doesn't work for me since my doors unlock when I pull the key out of the ignition. :D

I would guess this isn't possible. The locks are activated via the i-bus signal to the door module.

Depending how hard you wanted to work at it...you could get some sort of sensor & attach it to the lock stalk inside the door I suppose, and make that activate or deactivate a circuit.

Another good reason for someone to develop an ibus interface...grumble grumble grumble.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ACL, i found a solution to the problem i was having with my bluetooth kit, but that solution did not involve finding a lock/unlock switched power source, so no.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are a lot of power sources that are activated when you unlock the car and before you insert your key. The obvious ones are interior lights / side lights etc. Not so obvious is the door mirror adjustment switch which I found out tonight - and stays activated until you lock the car ?............

·
Registered
641 Posts
Will this work for you?

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/trigger.htm

it's a product that you connect to a speaker lead and if it senses power to the speaker it pass 12 volts on.

I'm running into an issue that when you stop the car and turn the key from On to Off the radio keeps playing, but power to other switched sources are cut off. This creates a problem if I'm using my handsfree or if I have the iPod running and powered up from my Belkin charger. The net need is to find a 12 volt source that is on with the key in and at either Off or On.

I also have the following that was posted on another forum to look for power sources. Haven't gotten around to checking it out.

The radio & amp(if fitted) have a 12V constant feed.

Pin #7 on the radio, red wire, medium, connector A, grey body
Pin #2 on the door speaker amp, red wire, heavy

fuses 1,2,3,4,5,15,12,16,27,28,35,37,39 are all constant power

mobile phone connector pin 11 is constant via fuse 23, center console somewhere, "towards passenger"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts