SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I'm sure some of you have read, I'm a new Saab owner whose Saab is currently not operational. I narrowed it down to the valve cover gasket, and I was originally going to take it to a shop, but after I realized how easy it seems to be (given my natural mechanical aptitude and the fact that I'm a very proficient bicycle mechanic) and being egged on by my friends, we're going to undertake the valve gasket replacement ourselves. I already ordered the right gaskets from eEuroparts.com, and my friends have the torque wrench and sockets, so all I need to know is if there's anything I should watch out for?

I don't have the Hayne's or Bentley manual (yet), but this is a relatively easy job (right?). Does anyone have the torque spec on the bolts, or better yet a short walkthrough of the process? It's the 2.5L V6, for the record.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The "valve cover" is not stopping the car from running..

I believe you may have to remove the far side intake manifold to access that VC(valve cover); while back there, change or examine the spark plugs..
Haynes has a new manual out which covers the V6...but this is of limited worth....
On this site we(Ragtop) have many far better pictorials than Haynes ever dreamed about.
The WIS(workshop info system) is good for the pro/semi-pro..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts