SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are underdrive (crank) pulleys available for the 2.8L V6? I've used them on other cars and gained both hp and fuel mileage. Thanks.

ShaunB4C

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Probably not as there are not many of these motors around. Nick T. at genuinesaab.com would probably be the person to check with.

I'm guessing you could probably do some other things that would be more efficient--like Stage 1 with Vtuner, etc.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does anyone know if there are underdrive (crank) pulleys available for the 2.8L V6? I've used them on other cars and gained both hp and fuel mileage. Thanks.

ShaunB4C
i have asked around about the same thing bc my friend has a LEGACY GT and his pulley went from 11 lbs to 2 lbs, and noted the engine revs quicker (not to say that power is gained, but more so harnessed). The difference is that belt is not used to balance anything in Subaru's, whereas, in other cars the belt is a specific weight to balance the engine (and/or its components). I heard going to a lightweight crank pulley is risky for engines that are already balanced from the factory with a heavier belt. This is what I was told when asking around myself, don't know how much truth there is in it--just paying forward what i was told.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts