SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one had experience of getting the underside of their Saab Waxoyled?
I have a 2006 Aero convertible and been quoted £500 inc VAT. There is a little corrosion but certainly nothing serious and I just want to preserve the car for the future.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It’s something you could do yourself. The WaxOyl kit I used a few years ago on my MGB included about a gallon container of liquid (as the name implies it’s a mix of wax and a petroleum product), pump, spray tip, thin vinyl hose, and a few other accessories. You warm a pot of water and place the container in the water to help the liquid to flow a little easier. The pump is used to pressurize the container and the thin hose is then inserted in accessible body cavities and you spray until it begins to drip from the cavity.

I don’t think WaxOyl is intended as a treatment for exposed surfaces but maybe it’s changed. I think it would wash away in normal use and recall it’s better used inside body cavities.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s something you could do yourself. The WaxOyl kit I used a few years ago on my MGB included about a gallon container of liquid (as the name implies it’s a mix of wax and a petroleum product), pump, spray tip, thin vinyl hose, and a few other accessories. You warm a pot of water and place the container in the water to help the liquid to flow a little easier. The pump is used to pressurize the container and the thin hose is then inserted in accessible body cavities and you spray until it begins to drip from the cavity.

I don’t think WaxOyl is intended as a treatment for exposed surfaces but maybe it’s changed. I think it would wash away in normal use and recall it’s better used inside body cavities.
Thanks Steve for your reply, I had not heard of a DIY version.
The company who do the treatment are Automotive Protection Solutions. They have a centre in Egham which is not too far from Reading, where I live.
They give a very comprehensive overview of what they do, plus a guarantee at the end.I am not sure if I did it I would find all the possible voids and miss bits.
I do not know the full extent of the corrosion. It was a suggestion from the MOT guy who thought it would 'support' the great coach work on my 93 convertible.
I shall get another view when it is serviced in April, then make a cost/ benefit decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts