SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'd buy it. Take out the gear shift :cheesy: then sell it for profit.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
IMO, this would be an excellent buy. I would throw (if I were bidding) several thousand into it after buying for no more than $1,500...
The full repair record and quality of service are so very important..
The car could be presented better, the unsynchronized headlight wipers look a bit bad.
Also the rusty license plate holder however minor, does reflect serious rust potential, but may mean nothing...

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Lynn, Lynn, city of sin
You never come out the way you went in!

I think Earthworm had it right. The plate holder is a tip off that this car probably is a rolling rust bucket. And those miles! Nearly every suspension component on this car is probably going to need to be replaced.

Still, if you're short on dough, and can do a little wrenching, this might be a nice buy...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
oh wow I didn't even notice the miles. This is gotta be one of the highest around, no? Its the highest I've seen. I'd be interested in the service history even if I weren't going to buy the car, just to see how long things lasted.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lets do it as a group buy and part it out:cheesy:. I'll the wooden door pulls and front seats with heater switches.I know someone out there could use the CD player, SID, and ACC

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Fox900 said:
Lets do it as a group buy and part it out:cheesy:. I'll the wooden door pulls and front seats with heater switches.I know someone out there could use the CD player, SID, and ACC
A quality automobile, even of this mileage ,would never be parted out.
I would have to think it is worth maintaining; maybe if I knew the PO, the car, and the dealer I would change my mind....

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I bet it would be fine for more miles. It would depend on how much it ended up going for, the said service history, and the new owners ability to resist spending money on it. For say $1500, I'd be curious to see just how much longer it would last, wouldn't you?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Must resist urge to make an impulse buy. If it stays below $1500 I just might have to bid.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
My '99 has 152k on it.....
mine's in awesome shape...I payed $4700 for it, though.....for comparison's sake.

9-3's have a 7-year unlimited milegae rust warranty.
a week @ the dealership and it's good as new.

this would probably be a good deal for under $2k

plan on having to replace brakes,struts, wheel bearings, and soon turbo/motor for peace of mind. if not HG and timing chain/idlers/etc.

probably not a bad deal, though.

·
Registered
335 Posts
anyone else notice that it says it has both an automatic and manual transmission?

under "1999 saab 93set one owner" it says transmission: automatic

but below that when listing the features it lists a manual transmission...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Q: hi, just wanted to make sure you have the right item, as you said it was an automatic, but from the pictures is it is a manual. please let me know ...moreanswered on: Mar-30-05 A: sorry its a manuel trans mark z

·
Registered
567 Posts
stromer said:
I bet it would be fine for more miles. It would depend on how much it ended up going for, the said service history, and the new owners ability to resist spending money on it. For say $1500, I'd be curious to see just how much longer it would last, wouldn't you?
Exactly. I just bought a '97 900SET 5-spd. 3-dr. w/ 220K. off eBay. I plan to commute in it. Who knows evil lurks within? Hell, who cares, I'm not out that much $$ and I love to roll the dice. And Saabs are for people who love to roll the dice. I'll let you know when I get it.

Really, if low miles and a service history meant all that much, this website wouldn't be the thriving mecca of people constantly trying to fix sh*t, now would it? Suspension, turbo, head gasket - all these things are as likely to take a poop on these cars at 80K as they are at 200K. As a fellow Saab owner told me recently, "It doesn't make sense, but somehow these cars just seem to get under your skin." Soooo true.
Somebody needs to buy that car and save it from being parted, it's too good for that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts