SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
tyskie's 19T build thread

Hello gentlemen, I have been around the forum for a while now ( before was "topsaab" ) and decided that it is time to create a build thread at last.

All of the work has been completed by myself and i will be updating the thread regularly.

First off, i got the car back in 2013 off craigslist. By the looks of it the car was really looked after by the previous owner, dealer maintained, all warranty and recalls were completed and it drove beautifully! he was selling it since he was leaving the states, so i gave it a shot.. $4000 and we were home. :D

completely stock 2003 ARC, auto, parchment interior, 100k on the clock and little bits like 35% tint, strut bar and window visors.

i drove it like that for 3 months when i decided it needed some tlc. new pads and rotors all around and the valve cover gasket leaked a bit.

winter came

after winter i bought my first set of wheels, enkei ls-5 18x8 and 20 mm spacers in the rear and 15mm front

at this point i really feel in love with the car, i studied it, read anything i can find out about it but the handling and performance was unreal and thats where it all started... it was my first turbo car and 'mods' was all i can think about.

to be continued ;ol;

·
Banned
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

i bought these brembo calipers for only $200 ! i also got a brew city boost stage 2 tune and k&N filter at that point.

some time passed and more parts were purchased.

evo 9 aftermarket 3.5'' thick intercooler and tie rods

silicone boost hoses from another member on this forum

went on a test drive and shot a neat photo :D

·
Banned
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
converted the interior lights to LED

installed a 3'' obx catless downpipe and a 90 degree 02 defouler

i never really liked the hidden look the back had with the exhaust i took the car to the body shop so that they cut my valance out and i welded some 2.5'' tips to my original muffler

after a long days work gave her a wash

needs more low.. to be continued ;ol;

·
Banned
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update time!

with the wheels fitted i decided it need to go lower, vogtland springs were ordered and installed.

if i recall correctly the drop is 1.5 in the front and 1.4 in the rear, i was a little worried about clearance and rubbing issues with the 20mm spacers and 235/45/17 tires, but everything is great and the ride is definitely improved.

this is the new look for now and i have to say it really grew on me.

more to come ;ol;

·
Banned
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Banned
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought a AERO kit that was already painted black, its still not a real AERO..but It looks good.

I want to plasti dip part of the rear lip like the rest of my trim, and the front lip has some paint chips.

my friend got these for his car, I just tried them for giggles .

what do you think? :roll:

·
Banned
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
update!

I got tired of the stage 3 tune and wanted more power.. I ended up purchasing a blown td04 and sent it out to ian cole at turbo lab for some upgrades.

the turbo was fully ported, 6 blade 19t billet compressor wheel and HL 9 blade turbo shaft for better exhaust flow.

I had the correct plug and play harness ( ev6 ) for the injectors but the deka 60lb I bought were ev1 so I needed to splice my harness and fit the correct pig tails.

heres the new injectors and harness

I slapped everything on and had a couple problems but so far it seems they are all sorted. the hot side was powder coated silver for a fresh look

more coming soon ! ;ol;

1 - 20 of 37 Posts